chalk + ants

I found a heap of sidewalk chalk the other day while I was cleaning out the house.  I knew RyAnne would have a blast with it so I took her out to the the only shaded piece of concrete around my house and let her have some fun.



I laid down on my belly to take these shots of her eating the chalk (yummo!) and I didn't look at what I was getting myself into. . .ANTS!  A pile of fire ants!  Holy smokes I jumped off that ground so fast.  They got me pretty good.  My right wrist was completely covered in them.  I google searched how to treat ant bites.  The most common advice I found was to first wash the bites with cold water and soap then make a paste using baking soda and water and put it on the bites.  This instantly took the pain away and the itching too.



I will be out of the office this weekend to join my family in Kentucky for my Aunt Nikki's wedding.  I will be photographing this beautiful event and look forward to sharing it with you.

If you need to reach me please email me at HollyLRobbins@gmail.com.

Hope y'all have a fun and safe Labor Day weekend!
Love,
H.

Comments

Popular Posts