An Answered Prayer

Dear Fans, Past and Present Clients,

Y'all really know how to make a girl feel special.  In this big, big world of photography you chose ME!  Your referrals and kind words are what keep me inspired to kick it up one more notch during every session. 

I have shared my story with very few people but it's been on my heart to share it on a much bigger level - with all of you! 


After I had my daughter, in April 2010, I became really depressed.  For four terrible months, postpartum depression took over my life.  Even though I had this beautiful baby, a true blessing from God,  I just wanted to die.  I felt like my life had absolutely no purpose.  So, I began praying - a lot!  I prayed that God would reveal the purpose he put me on this earth for and allow me to be a guiding light for others in His holy name.

And He SO delivered!!!  

That December of 2010, He blessed me with my camera - Given to me as an early Christmas gift from my husband.  My husband knew I was going to be taking our daughter's pictures for Christmas cards and let me open my camera about two weeks before Christmas.  I went from point and shoot to DSLR!  It was incredible.  I also went from "Lord, What do you want me to do with my life?", to "Thank you Lord for answering my prayers and showing me Your will!"  He really answered my prayers THAT fast and made it clear to me what I was to be doing.

Just to have some fun, I began scheduling photo shoots with my friends and family.  This helped me to get out of the house and begin to realize I am a person too!  Even though my baby needed me I needed to be me too.  


God is so amazing and I am thankful to call him my Lord and Savior.  He brought me out of one of the most difficult times in my life and showed me a greater purpose.  


I had no idea a prayer would lead to a camera and that a Christmas gift would lead to a career.  :)  

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing your story!I have had the blessing of watching you transform through God's work and the amazing things He has done in your life. I am thankful I have been able to share in it with you! You are a blessing in my life and to many others! I look forward to watching and being a part of even the greater things to come!Love you !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HI!
Thank you for reading and leaving a sweet comment. I love what I do and I love making my clients happy!
However, if you are a spammer you are not welcome to leave comments. They will be deleted.
Love.
H.

Popular Posts