Self doubt. . .

I've heard the same verse THREE times this week!

I first read it on a postcard that I received from an artist at the Sunflower Farm almost a month ago.  The postcard had been tucked away.  While cleaning my office I came across it.  There was the verse. . .

Psalm chapter 139 verse 14, "I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Wonderful are your works: my soul knows it very well."

The very next day, while I was reading my daily devotion, the verse appeared again!

A couple of days later, Sunday morning, I was watching Joel Osteen - and yes, there it was AGAIN!

The past few weeks, even though I have learned SO much with a photography class, I have some wonderful things going on with HLR Photography and my personal life is pretty amazing, I have been seriously doubting myself.  I have been focusing on every negative fault I have and putting myself down for them.

After hearing Joel's sermon I am looking at things a little differently.  He reminded me that God sees my potential and knows what I can become and he wants to use me with my faults and limitations.

Joel went on to explain an article he read about a golf ball and it's dimples.  The ball was designed to have all these imperfections, the dimples, because they allow the ball to go twice as far as a perfectly smooth ball. 

Nothing about me is an accident.  God fearfully and wonderfully made me this way! With dimples. lol

So this week I am challenging myself to say, "I like who I am!"  I know I'm not perfect but I'm growing.  I am an artist!  I am creative!  I am a master piece!  I am ACCEPTED!  I am approved!  I am forgiven and I am redeemed!  I am no better than anyone else but I'm no worse than anyone else.  I am a child of the most High God!

Hope y'all have a wonderful Sunday!
Love,
H.

Comments

Popular Posts