Holy Toledo!

Uhmm. . .I wanted to cry!  But I didn't.  I just prayed.  A lot.

When I woke up on Tuesday morning I came down to my office to start working on a project I started.  I opened up PhotoShop, went to open a photo from my external hard drive - you know where I keep EVERY session I've ever done in 2011 - and it wasn't there.  I started to panic.  Although it was physically sitting right there on my desk, lights on and humming, my external hard drive was No where to be found on my computer.


I did what most people would do. . .I unplugged it from the Mac Daddy waited 30 seconds (which seemed like forever) then plugged it all back up and. . .NOTHING!  I instantly started praying that God would bless me with a technological miracle.  Even though I just wanted to cry.

I packed up the Mac Daddy, mom armed him every time I hit the brakes and walked into Peach Mac in Athens with HIGH hopes that they would know the exact fix to my problem.  They began tinkering around with the Mac and the external hard drive and. . .NOTHING!  I had to again remind myself not to cry. . .Just pray.

They gave me a couple of options and freak out-able comments.  Maybe the cord was bad (easy fix - go buy a new one), maybe you just need to crack it open (uhm, scary), send it off to see if Seagate can recover your data (a minimum charge of 499.00!) or maybe your hard drive is corrupt (ahhhhh!).

I tried a lot of different things that I Googled and. . .NOTHING.  I called Seagate and after paying a hefty fee the hard drive genius recovered EVERYTHING!  Thank you LORD!

I wrote this with all of my photog friends in mind.  It's not enough to put your work in one place.  I may sound like a PSA for birth control when I say this - USE TWO FORMS OF BACK-UP!

Do you have any suggestions of a secondary form of back up???  I would love to know what y'all are using.  Thank you!

Hope y'all have a wonderful Friday!
Love.
H.

Comments

  1. Holly,
    Had the same problem with an external hard drive, but I lost everything. I fortunately had another back-up in place. I now use carbonite for all my back-ups. Great company and I don't have to worry about losing any of my files.
    Todd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! I'm glad they were able to recover all of your files in the end! You could use an online storage thing. You just transfer your files to it, and it saves them online in a 'cloud'. You can access it from any computer, too! Pretty sweet! There's dropbox.com and onehub.com, and many others i'm sure. I've heard good things about Drop Box, but I use One Hub.

    Hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Becca! I have considered using an online storage. I will check into your reccommendations! I just looked at your blog. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HI!
Thank you for reading and leaving a sweet comment. I love what I do and I love making my clients happy!
However, if you are a spammer you are not welcome to leave comments. They will be deleted.
Love.
H.

Popular Posts