Editing Software + trying not to throw up about it.

I have been getting tons of questions from some of you awesome photographers wanting to know what I use to edit my photographs.

I wish someone would have been like "Holly, here is the most perfect editing software that you will be able to understand and not freak out or cry when using!"  But ya' know that's not how this photog career works.  Ya' just have to figure out what works best for you.

So, for me, this is how it went. . .when I first started my business, because I'm like the Google searching queen, I searched for FREE EDITING PROGRAMS on the internet and I found one called Photoscape.  I used this program for the first three months.

It wasn't cutting it for me.  I wanted more options.  So I asked all my friends what I should use.  They ALL told me I needed Photoshop CS5 - an over 800.00 program!!!  I totally threw up a little when EVERYONE recommended this.  I downloaded the thirty day free trail from the Adobe website.  And then sat there starring at that empty box trying to figure out how to get my photo in it.  lol  Oh and Bridge. . .what the heck is that????  I then headed to the book store and purchased a 50.00 book on how to work this infamous Photoshop CS5.  I was a complete mess with it.

Once I got my Mac I found a much better program - easier too!!!  I now use Aperture.  It has made my editing life WAY easier and it was affordable too.  Below is a screen shot of what the program looks like.


What I love so much about it
- when I load my photographs it automatically loads them to my external hard drive
- all of the brush options!
- easy to navigate
- easy to Google questions about how to use the program!!! lol

If you don't use a Mac there are other programs that I have heard lots of great things about.  Lightroom is a program a friend of mine uses.  And Adobe is so kind they will allow you to give it a test drive for thirty days on the free free!!!

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop_lightroom

What does everyone else use?  Would love to hear your recommendations!

Also, wanted to invite you all to a photog mixer I am hosting on Friday, May 18th at 7:00pm at Porterdale Perk and Cafe.  I want this to be a fun meet and greet where we can all get to know one another, ask each other questions, learn from each other and just have a good time talking about what we all have a passion for!

I have several amazing companies agree to give us all discounts on products such as: shootsac.com, aperturent.com and MadiLu Designs!!!!  I have a couple more to chat with that I would love to add to our goodie bags!

Hope this was helpful!
Love.
H.

Comments

  1. I will definately be there, can't wait. you have been such a help, thank you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I can't wait to meet you! So glad this was helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HI!
Thank you for reading and leaving a sweet comment. I love what I do and I love making my clients happy!
However, if you are a spammer you are not welcome to leave comments. They will be deleted.
Love.
H.

Popular Posts