. . .tears of joy and praise.

On Valentine's day Trey and I drove to my Mom and Dad's house to drop off RyAnne so we could go on a date to our fav restaurant, Chili's!  Before we left I mentioned to my Mom that I blogged about RyAnne's first Valentine's day party from earlier that day and that she could find pictures of the day's events there as well.  In that blog post I also mentioned my Memaw.  Valentine's day always reminds me of her.


When Trey and I returned from our date my Mom handed me a tattered old book with a taped up spine.  I opened it to the first page and realized I was holding my Memaw's Bible.





It's an incredible honor that my Mom would give me this.  Holding something that was of such great value to my Memaw is like holding on to a piece of her.  I can only imagine how many tears of joy and praise she shed over this Bible.  How many countless hours she spent memorizing, cherishing and learning God's word.


While flipping through the worn out pages I came across her obituary that my Papaw cut out of the Avondale Paper.  That is his hand writing across the top.  He loved her with all of his heart.  Below is a snowflake cut out that I found tucked in her Bible.


Love.
H.

Comments

  1. I love old bibles. I love how people kept their family history in it. Two things you must keep in your close to your heart God and family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HI!
Thank you for reading and leaving a sweet comment. I love what I do and I love making my clients happy!
However, if you are a spammer you are not welcome to leave comments. They will be deleted.
Love.
H.

Popular Posts