fun, fresh, exciting

I never knew this was my dream.  I always enjoyed taking photographs but never knew God wanted me to do this. . .like as a job.  :)

I started my business at the beginning of 2011.  About six months in I started photographing weddings.  Oh-Em-Geee!  I fell head over heals in love with weddings and living vicariously through the entire wedding day and capturing all of it for the bride, groom and their friends and family to enjoy for a life time.  By the end of 2011 I decided I wanted to specialize in just wedding photography.  

In the first quarter of 2012 I booked up the last two quarters of this year (fall + winter) with weddings!  I was so proud of myself.  Although very thrilling I've always had it in the back of my head that I was missing out on my family sessions.  So in July I opened up a few mini sessions at the Sunflower Farm.  I wanted to see if my passion was still there. . .


I have been photographing Miss Maddi Grace and her momma Michelle over the past year of Maddi's life.  My heart skips a beat every time I get to see this little girl.


This was my very first time with Riley.  It took her a little time to warm up but when she did I was able to capture these gorgeous moments between her and her momma!


Miss Nora + Mr. Gabriel were so sweet to work with.  Gabriel even stood on his own for the first time during our session!!!


Check out these gorgeous babies!  I met Tonya (the momma) and her family last year during my Santa minis.  I photographed Aspen + Gavin and she was pregnant with Corbin (below).


My point in sharing this is I've been photographing families for going on two years now and I'm not ready to give that up.  Even though it was my choice I realized we all make mistakes and we all have the opportunity to learn from them.   :)

My passion is just that - photography.  I love photographing moments that we will never get back.  I love capturing the expression on a grooms face when he sees his bride walking down the isle to become his wife,


 It's a joy to photograph a woman carrying her baby,



I love seeing babies just being themselves and capturing all those silly (or serious) little faces they make, 



I love when children give "those" looks. . .the ones that melt your heart out,



I love photographing engaged couples carelessly kissing in the park, 


I love the year a high school senior is becoming an adult and venturing into this world on their own,


 I love knowing that when my friend's grandfather became ill they asked me if I would do the honor of photographing their last family portrait.


There you have it.  I am a wedding + portrait photographer - a family girl.  .  . and I love it!!!


Right now I'm working on my schedule of photography sessions/events for 2013.  Get ready to see things you've never seen before!  Get ready for fun, fresh and exciting sessions.  I'm looking forward to all the amazing moments we are going to create and capture together!

Thank you so much for your support and love that you have continued to share!
Love.
H.

Comments

  1. This made me a little teary eyed. My family loves you! We're so glad that we got to meet you, and you've won our hearts forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, Alana. I'm sitting here thanking God that He has blessed me with this journey!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HI!
Thank you for reading and leaving a sweet comment. I love what I do and I love making my clients happy!
However, if you are a spammer you are not welcome to leave comments. They will be deleted.
Love.
H.

Popular Posts