Hangin' with Celebs | That's how I roll!

To view more tour dates and locations click here!
Saturday morning I checked my inbox and I had a message from my sweet friend Pamela Butler.  In the email she mentioned Sandy Puc' was having a Hands-On Photography workshop in Atlanta and she won a FREE ticket!  How exciting!  She also mentioned that she wasn't able to attend. . .and asked if I would be interested in going in her place!  AH!  I was SO totally stoked about meeting back up with these amazing photographers that I've been following for over a year now.  Pamela - thank you from the bottom of my heart for paying it forward!

As soon as I walked into the Embassy Suits in Atlanta I heard a rather loud voice that was FULL of energy.  I glanced up and there he was. . .THE - BLAIR PHILLIPS!!!

I snagged this photo with Blair Phillips AS SOON AS I SAW HIM!!!
I met Blair last year at WPPI-U in Atlanta and have been inspired by his work (and energy) ever since! If y'all haven't every seen him at a speaking event here is what you can expect. . .for him to come running down the center isle and leap onto the stage.  Now that is an entrance.  :)

I had not ever attended a Sand Puc' workshop before and was uncertain what was really going to take place.  She explained that there would be several stations set up for us to go to and learn from our mentors.  There were four blocks of time set up.  Each block lasting about an hour.  We received an overview as to what each mentor would cover in their block of time.  Then we all broke up into small groups and went to our mentor of choice to learn lots of new tricks!

I started off with Blair outside learning more about off camera lighting.






Photo by Susan Crutchfield

During the second hour, I headed over to meet Kevin Fockt and learned more techniques with studio lighting.  Here is a link to his work!

Photo by Susan Crutchfield.



For the third hour I decided I wanted to learn from Travis Gadsby.  He is a super talented photographer and the owner of Silverlake Photo Accessories.  He taught us about studio lighting, white balance and how to get some super creative photographs using a sophisticated lighting device and a pool!



This lighting technique (above and below) that is SO super duper sophisticated - is two flash lights!



Photo by Susan Crutchfield

I jumped in and caught the last bit of Blair's class.  Here our model is lit with a house light bulb!  This is called emergency lighting!!!


Whenever I attend a photography conference I always walk away with a new friend!  This is Susan Crutchfield.  We met and hung out during the entire workshop.  I loved laughing and learning with you girlfriend!


AND here they are!  All of our mighty mighty super hero mentors!  

To all of them (Don Chick, Travis Gadsby, Kevin Tocht, Blair Phillips, Sean Teegarden, Brandon Cox and Sandy Puc') Thank you SO much for bringing this tour and all of your knowledge and inspiration to the ATL.  Y'all totally rocked it!

Happy Monday!
Love.
H.

Comments

Popular Posts